Isabella McKerrow – LLB, Dip, LP. NP
- 1991 -Graduated in Law and Forensic Medicine from Glasgow University School of Law.
- 1992 - Glasgow University School of Law, Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
- Notary Public.
- June 2004 - passed Bar exams to qualify as an Advocate practising at the Scottish Bar.
- 2015 - dual accredited by Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Child law and Family Law.
On qualifying as a solicitor in 1992, Isabella spent 12 years as a solicitor specialising in family law and Personal Injury law. While a solicitor she worked in some of Scotland’s leading firms. In 2004 she passed the Scottish Bar exams to qualify as an Advocate (Scottish term for Barrister) and over the last 11 years developed her practice specialising in Family and Child law.
An Advocate is instructed by a solicitor where a case is particularly complex and a legal opinion on the law is required, or the expert written pleading and court skills of an Advocate are required to present the client’s case in court. Unlike a solicitor, to qualify as an Advocate a rigorous nine month training course is undertaken to develop the specialist court skills and legal drafting techniques necessary to provide expert presentation of the client's case in court.
Isabella left the Bar in March 2015 to return to practice as a solicitor and establish Affinity Family Law to provide a unique top of the range legal service to clients who will benefit by having an expert family law solicitor who has the specialist court and legal drafting skills of an Advocate.
Isabella has a wealth of experience, spanning over twenty three years, in Family and Child law related issues. She has extensive experience of all legal issues arising from personal relationships including divorce, dissolution, financial provision, separation, civil partnership and cohabitant cases. She deals with the full range of cases involving children, from residence and contact disputes, adoption and placing requests, International Child Abduction to the protection of children under supervision and care.
APPOINTMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- 2010 - 2012 Strathclyde University/Central Law Training - Course tutor in Family Law
- 2010 - 2012 Strathclyde University/Central Law Training - Course tutor in Personal Injury Law
- 2009 - Course Tutor to Child Support Agency Falkirk
- 2015 - Teaching webinar and DVD on making financial claims on divorce
- Presented seminars on Child and Family Law at Family Law Conferences.
- Presented seminars on Cohabitants rights at Family Law conferences.
- Presented seminars on Mental Health Law.
- Presented seminars on Adults with Incapacity: Powers of Attorneys and Guardianship orders.
- Family Law Association.
- Law Society of Scotland.
- Previously was a member of the Advocates Family Law Group.